The Gardner Hotel opened on May 11, 1922 by Lawyer and Oil man Preston Gardner. The hotel has hosted some notorious historical guests such as 1930’s gangster, John Dillinger, American Novelist, Cormac McCarthy and more.
The Nebhan family has owned the Gardner Hotel since the mid 1940’s and is the oldest continually running hotel in El Paso! What’s more, the hotel turned 100 years old this May (2022).
Book your stay with Gardner Hotel to be transported back in time, imagining yourself sharing the same space prior guests like bank robber John Dillinger or Academy Award Winner, Cormac McCarthy did. Ownership has preserved the history over the years with innumerable guests passing through its historic halls. The bed frames and select furniture is original and from the 1920’s! Radiators are still in use and don’t forget to check out the original hexagon tiled floors in the lobby. This Saturday the hotel and neighboring businesses will celebrate a century of being open, and they want you to join them!
Join the celebration! Saturday, May 28, 2022 (All on Franklin Street-311 E Franklin Ave)
- Gardner Hotel-Hotel Tour 2-4pm
- Pot Au Feu-LUSH LIFE-Live Entertainment 6-9pm
- Pizza Joint-GYTRASH & AMPHIBIAN-Live Entertainment 7-9pm
- Dillingers-JUJU & ISREAL-Live Entertainment 8-11pm
- Craft & Social-45 VINYL SET-Live Entertainment 9-12pm
- Lost El Paso Paranormal Ghost Tour-Book your spot at lostelpaso.com