Travel the World in Architecture
About this event
The storied architecture of El Paso contains symbols of both Pre-Columbian and modern world cultures. This tour provides a comprehensive look into the diverse architecture of downtown El Paso. Discover that other worlds can be discovered with the simple act of looking up.
• Henry C. Trost’s Trost & Trost wanted to showcase the flexibility and strength of the newly pioneered, reinforced concrete. By designing buildings in different architectural styles, Trost made it so that one could travel the world without leaving the city.
• Mabel Welch, one of the first women to become a certified architect in Texas, worked prolifically throughout El Paso and became known for her Spanish Colonial Revival style designs. Two of which are located in downtown El Paso.
• 10 AM – Meet inside the A Loft Hotel, in front of the elevators in the lobby. The Tour will depart from the A Loft Hotel promptly at 10:15 am.
• After the tour, attendees may join us for a no-host lunch at a local restaurant, Lapa Lapa, located on the first floor of the Stanton Tower.
• Questions? Please call us at 915-533-0048.
• Please wear comfortable shoes.