Premiers & Plaza Theatre
When the Plaza Theatre opened on September 12, 1930, it was heralded as the “Southwest’s most perfect theater” and the largest atmospheric showplace between Dallas and Los Angeles.
THE TOUR WILL:
• Focus on the Plaza’s design, beauty, and function and why it became, and remains, one of the most beloved spaces in the city.
• Discuss the premiers of movies based on Tom Lea novels, The Wonderful Country and The Brave Bulls
• Explore its critical role in downtown El Paso over its 92-year history, including its restoration and reopening in 2006 as the Plaza Theater Performing Arts Center.
10 AM – Meet at the entrance of the Plaza Theatre, 125 W Mills Ave., El Paso.
• After the tour, attendees may walk to a no-host lunch with the group at Ambar at the Plaza Hotel.
• Questions? Please call us at 915-533-0048.
• Please wear comfortable shoes.