With support from an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Brownfields Assessment Grant, the El Paso Downtown Management District (DMD) is conducting an Area Wide Planning (AWP) effort for an area of Downtown. The planning area was identified because of existing challenges and opportunities for development and redevelopment. Our goal is to support economic prosperity and environmental restoration in our community by addressing unknown site conditions and removing redevelopment barriers.
The objectives of this effort include:
- Create a Brownfield Inventory & Existing Conditions Analysis
- Perform a Market Assessment
- Provide redevelopment recommendations and strategies to include renderings, diagrams, and exhibits for catalyst sites
- Develop an implementation matrix and catalyst site profiles
- Solicit community and stakeholder feedback.
We would greatly appreciate your involvement and input into effort!
There are multiple ways to participate in this effort.
- Stakeholder Interview – This includes a series of group interviews to understand current issues, identify opportunities/constraints, and to obtain community ideas for the AWP target area and immediately surrounding blocks.
- Community Engagement Meeting #1 (Virtual) – Presentation of Initial Market Analysis
- Community Engagement Meeting #2 – Presentation of Revitalization Strategies for the El Paso Area-Wide Planning Target Area
9AM or 5:30PM – Wednesday, July 21, 2021Rescheduled for August 26-29, 2021 (see below)
- Thursday, August 26
- 9am-10:30am – Virtual (TEAMS) presentation of draft strategies
- 11am-2pm – In-person, Blue Flame Community Space (Location is Tentative)
- 5pm-7pm – In-person, Stanton House (Location is Tentative)
- Friday, August 27
- 11am-2pm – In-person, District Coffee, 222 Texas Ave.
- 4pm-6pm – “Refresh with Us”, free paletas to those who provide input! San Jacinto Plaza (Location is Tentative)
- Saturday, August 28
- 10am-12pm – “Refresh with Us”, free paletas to those who provide input! San Jacinto Plaza (Location is Tentative)
- Sunday, August 29
- 8:30am-10:30am – In-person, (Location To Be Determined)
- Community Engagement Meeting #3 – Presentation of Final Area-Wide Plan
9AM – Thursday, September 9, 2021Will be rescheduled.
To participate in any or all of these options, please contact Lauren Baldwin at 703-801-8130 or Lauren@qeceng.com to make arrangements and receive meeting links.
We look forward to engaging you in this process and to developing a future vision for this important part of our Downtown community. For more information, please visit https://downtownelpaso.com/brownfields/.
Area Wide Planning Focus Area