In a mere 4 weeks, on Valentine’s Day, couples will exchange gifts and dine together in an effort to express their love. Singles will seek candidates for what could be their potential mate and make plans to share in the romance. They will search for the perfect background music while eating delicious food, the perfect setting for a walk while holding hands, and the perfect time to give a knowing smile.
“Setting” can mean just enough to paint a portrait of romance, and Downtown El Paso, with its rich history, architecture and award winning restaurants has it all.
This year the Downtown Management District will place one papel picado heart in one downtown business each week until Valentine’s Day, starting, Wednesday, January 21.
Clues will be given each week as to where you might find the heart, via social media, including our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts under the account name “DWNTWN El Paso.”
If you find the heart, ask to take a photo with the heart and post your photograph using the hashtag #DTEP or direct message us the photograph to automatically be entered for a chance to win a prize!
Hearts will be placed in a different district each week, with colors reflecting the district color as seen on wayfinding kiosk maps.
FIRST CLUE: “In a House under a Tower, the scent of Pie has all the Power!”
– Both couples and singles can enter.
– Enter as many times as you like, posting with hashtag #DTEP.
– One heart placed in one business each week. (2 the last week.)
– Do not post location of heart. (We realize cropping of photo may give it away, just do not say it.)
– Prizes will be announced each week and cannot be exchanged for cash value. (No purchase necessary to participate.)
Prizes will include gift certificates from downtown businesses and will be announced weekly.
For more information (915)400-2294 email@example.com