Typically some Downtown Restaurants close after lunch and during the weekends. Most business stems from the strong Downtown workforce during the week however, this Saturday Dec 7, 2013 will be an exception.
The Celebration of Lights Event is expected to attract an impressive amount of patrons ready for the parade and tree lighting ceremony! That many people for that amount of time are bound to get hungry and cold in this weather. Anticipating this, a score of normally closed Downtown eateries, cafés, restaurants and one cigar lounge hope to keep us warm and well fed.
Keep in mind that even outside the parade route, there will be businesses you can enjoy so make plans to eat before or after the events by exploring Downtown and experiencing what you have been missing.
Below is a list of businesses that confirmed they will be open to serve you during this year’s Celebration of Lights!
- 501 Bar and Bistro-501 TX Ave #16 (Fine Dining)
- The Fire Restaurant-600 N El Paso St (Inside the Downtown Double Tree by Hilton)
- House of Pizza Downtown-208 N Stanton (See our Insider Article on their 2 year Anniversary)
- Kipp’s Cheesesteaks-203 E Mills Ave (Great diner atmosphere)
- La Malinche-310 N Mesa (Open from 7:30-4pm)
- Leo’s Mexican Restaurant-315 E Mills (Just off the parade route but worth finding)
- Luigi’s Homestyle Pizza-321 E Mills Ave (More great Italian food)
- Oasis Bistro-125 Pioneer Plaza (Right next to the Plaza Theatre)
- Pot Au Feu-307 E Franklin (International Food)
- Tabla-115 Durango St (Dwntwn Tapas Bar 4-12am)
- The Network-317 E Mills Ave (Bar and Kitchen 3-12am)
- Healthy Bite-117 N Stanton St (Healthy Options)
- Pike Street Market-207 E Mills Ave (Open 3-6pm)
- Café Central-109 N Oregon St (Fine Dining)
- Anson 11-303 N Oregon St (Located very close to the Plaza Theatre-Fine Dining)
- Hello Day Café-209 S El Paso St (Open from 11am-10pm)
- Sparrow’s Spirits and Pies-201 S El Paso St (Next to the Camino Real Hotel)
- The Garden-511 Western St (In the Union Plaza District)
- Foodville Truck Park-218 E Mills Ave (Various Food Trucks)
- Casa Del Puro Cigar Lounge-216 W Franklin Ave (Located across from the Tree Lighting)
These are businesses that contacted us. This is not a complete list of open restaurants and times are subject to change.