April 18, 2019
Position: Operations Manager
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
The El Paso Downtown Management District (DMD) is looking for a highly motivated, organized, outgoing, public service driven individual to work in a high energy, ever evolving, downtown environment. The DMD is a quasi-governmental entity and an equal opportunity employer.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the development, administration, implementation and oversight of operational programs of the organization including but not limited to special event permitting, sanitation & security (maintenance), welcome ambassador, public safety, and beautification programs under the guidance, direction and supervision of the Executive Director. The Operations Manager is responsible for oversight of staff associated with each program. The Operations Manager is additionally responsible for budget administration and purchasing for related programs, compliance of requirements as required by Federal, State or local law, contracts and cooperative agreements. The Operations Manager assists the Executive Director in providing support to the Board of Directors and all standing committees.
Specific roles of the Operations Manager include:
- DMD program administration as it relates to the DMD programs, included but not limited to downtown security, clean and safe operations including the coordination of sanitation crews and cleanup operations, infrastructure enhancements/projects, special event permitting, and welcome ambassadors.
- Assures safe operational practices among all programs and related staff, including fleet management.
- Oversees program administration, performance tracking, DMD account management; general office administration; oversee purchasing/procurement and budget/financial records for related programs; oversee records management and reporting for program administration.
- Administration of public improvement projects and assists in contract management, if required.
- Assist the Executive Director in implementing the Board’s policies, procedures, strategic goals and objectives; provide front-line support as needed in all areas of operations.
- Assist with developing and maintaining partnerships and relationships with the City/County and other entities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Planning or related discipline.
- At least three years’ experience managing programs and working with local government, other key organizations, and members of the community.
- Contract management experience.
- Technical writing proficiency.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of audiences.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Salary Range: $39,000 to $60,000
- Health Insurance: DMD pays approximately 75% of the monthly individual premium provided by the DMD identified carrier. Employee pays 25% of the monthly individual premium and 100% of any additional chosen dependent coverage.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid parking.