Courthouse Mural Tour
Take a tour of murals and sculptures that reflect the vision and perspective of several major artists. We will visit three government buildings and discuss a variety of styles and media.
• Tom Lea’s Pass of the North mural, recognized as “The finest mural of the New Deal period.”
• Carlos Callejo’s Our History mural is packed with collaged vignettes of historic people, places, and events.
• John Valadez’ A Day in El Paso del Norte mural depicts a vibrant downtown scene.
• James Drake’s Pass of the North sculpture tells El Paso’s history through steel.
• 10 AM – Meet at the lobby area of the Richard C. White Federal Building, 700 E. San Antonio Ave. Courthouse Security does not allow weapons of any kind, that includes handguns and pocket knives. Visitors to the Federal buildings are required to show an ID card.
• After the tour, attendees may have a no-host lunch with the group at a local downtown restaurant
• Questions? Please call us at 915-533-0048.
• Please wear comfortable shoes.