In support of the victims of the tragic event on August 3rd many businesses and organizations in Downtown El Paso joined the community-wide efforts to raise funds for all those affected and showed how they are #ElPasoStrong. Below we have compiled a list of many ways in which you can support victims while visiting or working in Downtown. We would like to thank you in advance for your generosity and we would also like to thank all these businesses and organizations for setting up a way to help!
Community Memorial Service
The City of El Paso is hosting a Community Memorial Service to reflect and remember the victims of the mass shooting and to offer a place of healing and support for the community. The memorial gathering is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Wednesday, August 14, 2019. It will be held at Southwest University Park in downtown and will be simulcast live at three satellite locations – the Convention Center and Cleveland Square Park both in downtown, and at Ponder Park, at 7500 WH Burges Drive.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE SERVICE
- Starts at 7 pm Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at four locations.
- Doors open at 6 pm at Southwest University Park, located at Franklin Avenue and Santa Fe Street. The public should arrive no more than one hour prior to doors opening. The memorial program will be simulcast live at three satellite sites to provide enough space to accommodate all who wish to participate.
- Live simulcast at: the Convention Center, located at Santa Fe Street and San Antonio Avenue; at Cleveland Square Park, located at Santa Fe Street and Franklin Avenue; and at Ponder Park, located at 7500 W.H. Burges Drive.
- Event is open to the public, free of charge and tickets are not required.
- Free parking will be provided at all metered parking spaces and at various parking garages located in Uptown and Downtown. The following parking garages and lots will offer free parking: Glory Road Transit Terminal, the Convention Center, the Union Plaza Transit Terminal, Mills Building Garage, 122 Kansas Parking Garage, Wells Fargo Parking Garage, the Surface Lot at 401 Mesa (across from San Jacinto Plaza), and the Surface Lot at 415 Mesa (behind Stewart Title).
- At Ponder Park, the public may park in nearby on-street parking spaces, and at Sun Metro’s Eastside Terminal Parking lot, at 1165 Sunmount Drive.
District Coffee Co.
222 Texas Ave Suite F • Office District
Now until Sunday, August 11, District Coffee Co. will donate 100% of the proceeds from their most popular drink, Abuelita Latte to the El Paso Community Foundation and Paso Del Norte Victims’ Fund.
406 S Durango St • Union Plaza
Starting Thursday, August 8 this local brewery will be giving 100% of the proceeds made from the One Love Passionfruit Lager to the El Paso Community Foundation Victims’ Fund. Their goal is to sell the entire tank of beer this upcoming weekend to be able to donate as soon as possible.
810-B Texas Avenue
El Paso Brewing Co. is hosting Drink For A Cause a Fundraising event for the victims to be held on Friday, August 9.
The night will include Estar Guars Loteria, raffles and a silent auction in order to raise funds to donate to the El Paso Community Foundation Victims’ Fund and to donate directly to a few of the families affected.
One San Jacinto Building, 201 E Main Dr • Las Plazas Arts District
Grab the #ElPasoStrong smoothie from Juicery Plus and all the proceeds will go to the El Paso Community foundation Victims’ Fund. Open Monday-Firday, 7 am-5 pm.
500 San Francisco Ave • Union Plaza
Wallflower is hosting an #ElPasoStrong Fundraiser on Thursday, August 8 at 9 pm. Moondance Telectrica 432Hx presents: Mago Olmos, Lina Duran, and more. All ages are welcome. $5 cover.
In addition to the above event, #ElPasoStrong Flash and Friends will be held on August 24th. All ticket from each event will go to the El Paso Community Foundations Victims’ Fund.
Club Here I Love You
115 S Durango St • Union Plaza
100% of the proceeds from ticket sales including previously bought tickets for the Mija Show at Club Here I Love You on Saturday, August 17 will be donated to the El Paso Community Foundation Victims’ Fund.
Buy tickets here.
EPIC Bar and Nightclub
510 N. Stanton • Office District
EPIC is hosting a benefit showcase on Thursday, August 15 to benefit the El Paso victims and all proceeds will be donated to the El Paso Community Foundation.
El Paso’s Finest
314 N. Mesa • Las Plazas Arts District
El Paso’s Finest is hosting a silent auction and will be selling EP Strong shirts on Saturday, August 10 to raise funds for everyone affected by the event on August 3. All proceeds will be donated to the El Paso Community Foundation Victims’ Fund.
El Paso Community Foundation
El Paso Community Foundation is accepting funds to help the families of those affected. The foundation will waive all administrative fees, and pay all credit card fees associated with this fund. They are working with the County of El Paso and the City of El Paso to try to help in any way they can.
Paso Del Norte Community Foundation
The Paso del Norte Community Foundation has established the El Paso Victims Relief Fund and are accepting monetary donations to support victims and their families.
The El Paso Locomotive FC Foundation, with MountainStar Sports Group Foundation, El Paso Chihuahuas Foundation, Foster Family Foundation & Hunt Family Foundation will contribute a total of $150,000 to the two victims’ relief funds to support those affected by Saturday’s tragedy.