The Downtown Management District in partnership with El Paso Live! is hosting a Valentine’s Day contest asking participants to write their most romantic downtown experience. The winner will receive 2 front row tickets to the Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlan!
Originally founded by Don Gaspar Vargas, Manuel Mendoza and two violinists in the town of Tecalitlan, Mexico in 1898, this mariachi group has since starred in more than 200 movies, recorded dozens of albums. Recently, the Houston Grand Opera turned to the ensemble’s legendary leader, Jose “Pepe” Martinez, to write the score and collaborate with librettist Leonard Foglia in creating the world’s first mariachi opera, “Cruzar la Cara de la Luna” (“To Cross the Face of the Moon”), which premiered to sold-out houses in Paris, Houston, Chicago and San Diego!
The winner of the contest will also win a gift certificate from Café Central, recently voted El Paso’s most romantic restaurant by The City Mag El Paso!
Runner-ups will be featured in the Insider section of the Dwntwn EL Paso website – www.downtownelpaso.com.
- Limit all entries to no more than 250 words
- Content must pertain to Downtown El Paso
- Experience does not have to have occurred on Valentine’s Day
- Content must be appropriate for all ages
- All entries must be received no later than midnight Wednesday, February 5, 2014
- Entries must be sent as a message to https://www.facebook.com/DWNTWNELPASO or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be announced on Friday, Feb 7, 2014 on the INSIDER section of www.downtownelpaso.com and www.facebook.com/DWNTWNELPASO. For more information please call the Downtown Management District at 915-400-2294 or write email@example.com