The Sanitation and Security Program strives to make Downtown El Paso an attractive place to live, work, play, and shop; crews work night and day to keep Downtown city streets, sidewalks, and alleyways clean and clear of litter. The Downtown Management District’s (DMD) role has evolved over the years and does more than just street sanitation. These highly visible teams, providing maintenance and general cleaning, offer daily services to maintain cleanliness within the district. The crews are responsible for public areas, specifically cleaning sidewalks and eradicating street level graffiti.
- Daily litter pick-up from sidewalks and alleys
- Special maintenance for events hosted on public streets and sidewalks
- Washing “big belly” trash receptacles
- Power washing sidewalks Sidewalk gum removal (“gum busting”)
- Street Banner placement and removal